Monday, 12 August 2013

Team China: John

TEAM CHINA
2013 SMCI eCampaign 


From: John 

I'm so excited that I have made a right decision to join the e-campaign this summer.

Three months ago, when May (our Cn missions coordinator) told me that there was an opportunity to go to the Philippines to preach the Gospel, I refused her and gave some reasons for not going.  I was worried about my English, about money, even about the country of the Philippines - why should I go to another country to preach the Gospel when my own country China needed it more. Anyway, I just didn't want to go there. However, May replied and encouraged me, then I started thinking.

I thought, "The Lord will provide," and I finally agreed to go to the Philippines with the team.  Three weeks later, we found out that my wife Jane was pregnant, so I would have to take care of her, that means I can't go to the Philippines. I would even be unable to take part in the CN summer camps.  I was so sorry to tell May that I really can't join them and May agreed and asked me to stay back to take care of Jane.  We already paid the air tickets though and we had no choice but to waste the airfares.  But God is faithful, as the Bible says " The Lord will provide." Jane's mother came to our city to take care of her, even though she had broken her wrist. And more than that, God is amazing, Jane's ticket got a full refund from the airline because she is pregnant. So I had no worries to join our camps in China and the e-Campaign in the Philippines.

If I didn't go to the Philippines to preach the Gospel, I think in my life I would not have preached the Gospel at all. That is a very important lesson for me now, to preach the Gospel.  Face to face before fifty students in the class, I was excited and nervous, but I was in the battlefield and I couldn't escape. Thank God that after five days, my heart was joyful.  We had preached to over 30,000 students, that is wonderful. During the campaign, I was discouraged sometimes and had very bad toothache, but God is faithful, I have learned to look upon God.  And I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your encouraging comment or question!