Saturday, 11 August 2012

From the Heart of Heidi

Heidi (in red in the back row)
 with students
From the Heart of Heidi
Singapore

"Are you ready?"  . . . that was the theme of this year's e-campaign, and to be honest, I wasn't fully ready to go and share the gospel. 

My heart was distracted by other things and I remember telling God that I didn't want to share in that current province, and would He please work in me so that I could be used by Him. And He did. 

God showed Himself strong every single day throughout the week! The first day, I was nervous and scared all over again at the thought of facing a classroom. God just reminded me that He had not given me the spirit of fear, but of power and sound mind, and I just needed to trust in Him and not myself or my past experiences. I thank God for helping me through every sharing opportunity because I couldn't have done it on my own. 

On the third day, I had the opportunity to travel to the remote mountains of CDO. The view was amazing. By observing the beauty and sheer awesomeness of the scenery around me, I was again reminded of how creative and great God was. The mountain children were a blessing to my heart as they were attentive and open to the sharing of the word, and their simple faith declared at the end of every sharing session humbled me greatly. 

Despite the brevity of my trip, I thank God for the opportunity to go back to CDO again to proclaim the good news along with the rest of the team. To God be the glory!




Heidi is a student from Singapore! 
This was her 2nd e-Campaign!

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. Linda Miller (Ohio)11 August 2012 at 19:42

    Great testimony giving praise to our Great God for the work He did through weak vessels. It was so good to witness His power. I pray He continues to show Himself strong in your life and in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is truly strong, we just need to open our eyes and believe! :) Wonderful testimony! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your encouraging comment or question!