Wednesday, 31 August 2011

From the Heart of Leah (CO Team 2)



SMCI e-Campaign 2011
From the Heart Series


As we made the 7 hour trek back to our base in Dumaguete, I was reminded of a quote that I absolutely love. Henry Varley, a friend of D.L. Moody, said, "The world has yet to see what God can do with and for and through and in and by the man who is fully and wholly consecrated to Him."

My heart is full of thanksgiving for all that God did this past week. Nearly 50,000 souls made a profession of faith in Christ. How can or could I begin to describe this past week in words??

During my week of serving with SMCI, God took me beyond my comfort zone when I got up in front of classrooms full of students to teach the gospel. I learned to depend on Him for words to speak, and to be His mouthpiece.

I absolutely loved the students! The Lord reminded me that those we taught aren't "just children" they are SOULS who have an eternal destiny... souls that Jesus died for, and souls who He loves so very much.

I was inspired & encouraged as I saw the zeal that the Filipino Christians (who we worked with this week) have, and yet I was deeply humbled & convicted for my own lack of fervency & TRUE passion for the ministry & evangelism. The Filipino Christians who we worked with absolutely love to serve God at any cost.

My heart was gripped & challenged as one person told me this past week, "We as Christians have no business being in the ministry if we cannot first go & evangelize." So many "Christians" today might be willing to do some kind of service in the church, but are we first winning souls for Jesus Christ -- the number one priority for us as believers?

My prayer is that the Lord would continue to enable me to be His faithful witness around the corner & around the world!


Leah joined the campaign with 
Front Range Baptist Church from Fort Collins, CO. 
She is a free lance photographer and nanny.
This was her first campaign.





Picture Taken By Leah Cross-this was her favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your encouraging comment or question!