Friday, 19 August 2011

From the Heart of Chris Brittingham (PA-The Bethel Gang)

SMCI e-Campaign 2011
From the Heart Series


Just When I Thought God Couldn't, He Did!
Chris Brittingham, PA-The Bethel Gang


This was the second time I was able to serve in the SMCI e-Campaign in the Philippines, and I have seen the Lord work like never before! I saw Him open doors when it seemed there was no possible way to open them. Just when I would think God couldn't, He did, and it made me realize that I limit God way to much in my own thinking. He is limitless, and he is all powerful. There are many examples where I witnessed the power of God first hand. One day we went into schools, and it was exam day. The first school shut us down and said no. The principal said that it was unlikely that we would be able to get into any schools. We prayed as a van, and at the next school something miraculous happened. The principal said that the exam papers were arriving late, and we were able to go in and preach to the school. Some may say it was just coincidence, but we knew it was completely God. God stopped those papers from coming when they should have been there.

On that same day I had preached outside for a while and was feeling extremely sick, I didn't know if I was dehydrated or what, but I knew I was really sick and I didn't know if I could preach at the last school. I just prayed to God to give me the strength to press on. The van ride made me feel worse; we arrived at the high school. I got out, saw all the kids, and knew I had to preach. I planned on only giving a short Gospel message and moving on. Pastor Renz (Growpoint Church Davao/SMCI) took me to a class of 3rd year students. As soon as I stepped into that classroom I felt completely fine! It was amazing as I experienced Gods almighty power. I have never felt anything like that before, and I I knew it was God. That class ended up being one of the most attentive and interested classes I preached too. The teacher also was moved by the Holy Spirit during the time of preaching!

I could go on and on about the big and little things that God used to show me his power during this jam packed week! People may say that God doesn't perform miracles in our day. They may say that the God of Noah, Moses, Abraham doesn't do cool things in this modern world. But HE DOES. I have been able to experience it first hand, and I have heard stories from many others participating in this campaign of Gods power.

A lot of people, including me, go into this for the first time thinking that they are only there to minister to the Filipinos. You are there for that, but God will also minister to you and he will show you great and mighty things over and over again to let you know that he is there.

The evil one has a presence also, and you can feel that he is there trying to distract from our goal to preach, but every time there has been a distraction, God has shown himself more powerful.

The Lord provided over a quarter of a million souls in 6 weeks to hear the gospel. His power is amazing, and He is working in the lives of many people. I am so thankful for this opportunity God has given me the past 2 years of serving in the Philippines with SMCI. It has changed my life. I look forward to participating in this every summer if the Lord wills it! And-I am praying through the year for the brothers and sisters in the Phiilippines!

--Chris Brittingham

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Chris! I agree! He does do cool things in this modern world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, I can tell the Lord is working in your life! God
    certainly is powerful and in control of our lives!
    It's funny how we sometimes have that mindset of we are only there to minister to other people who need Christ's
    love and salvation. But really God usually shows Himself
    through that experience and teaches us more about His power.
    I'll be praying for you that Christ will keep working in your
    life. He has shown you GREAT and MIGHTY things!

    Galatians 2:20

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your encouraging comment or question!