Tuesday, 26 July 2011

A Nice Place To Be (Josh De la Rosa)

Thoughts from
the heart . . .


Joshua De la Rosa 
(AZ Re:vive Team)


"Today God set me on fire. Not only was I able to give the gospel many times, but I could see the words piercing the hearts of those needing to hear it. At one of the high schools the students were all out for lunch. Makayla, Sarah and I were able to attract a few of them by playing a game. It wasn't long before we were surrounded by 11-14 year old boys and girls. I remember being terrified of every one of them. I prayed. and as the words came out of my mouth, I found even myself listening to them. I saw God working in their hearts as their expressions twisted in fits of convictions and gaped in awe and wonder. It was beautiful.

It took me a while to realize that preaching Christ had to be real. It had to be flexible. Our task was so much more than reciting words and illustrations or persuading students with analogies and comparisons. It was about giving them exactly what they needed to hear and when they needed to hear it. And because every class has a different dynamic, and because we didn't  know what that dynamic was until five minutes into our presentation, there was no other option but to rely solely on God's trust....which as Pastor Jeff said to me 'is a nice place to be'.


SMCI e-Campaign, Week 3, Negros Oriental

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your encouraging comment or question!