Sunday, 8 August 2010

Our 5 Loaves and 2 Fishes


“My grace is sufficient for thee:
for my strength is made perfect in weakness” … …
2 Cor 12:9

From Kelvin (Singapore)
My one-week experience on the E-Campaign in Bohol, Philippines was marvellous and life changing. As I recount the journey, I could see so many obstacles and difficulties, insurmountable by my own or man’s standards, yet each one was faithfully broken down and removed by God. My biggest takeaway from this experience was to really learn how to trust in God and to know that He will provide in His time. I went with very little to offer, but God used it, provided and multiplied it according to His work and purpose.

Pre-Trip Preparations

When I first came to know of the E-Campaign and that recruitment for volunteers to partake in this mission was on, it was something that registered in my head as just ‘another mission’. Before I could give it much thought, countless worldly and real obstacles were already running through my head. Thus the mission was relegated and kept in my mind as a prayer list item at best. It was only weeks later that a direct question, put to me by Kim Cheong and Hwee Min during a Sunday lunch outing after church, struck a chord in my heart. It was only then I saw that instead of praying for the mission, I could be praying to go for the mission! Talk about seeing the light!


Kelvin (Singapore)
is an officer serving in the Singapore Navy and is an Instructor in the Naval Institute. This was Kelvin's first campaign!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your encouraging comment or question!