Sunday, 18 July 2010

FAQ #2 How Did SMCI Annual Evangelistic Campaigns Begin?

SMCI FAQ #2
How Did The Annual SMCI Campaigns Get Started?

A Message From Mike Redick,
SMCI International Director:
Monday, July 19 begins the third week on our SMCI gospel campaign. We are on the Island of Negros where SMCI had it's start nearly 10 years ago. I remember receiving a phone call in 2002 from our SMCI worker, Joy Pinero asking me to come and hold some Gospel Meetings on the Negros State University Campus. At first, I was hesitant and actually declined the invitation. But the next day I heard a devotion from Acts 8 and the phrase "Arise and Go" struck me like an arrow fired from God's bow. In obedience I arose and went and I am glad I diid. We saw a wonderful harvest of souls. Most of our present full time staff were saved during those few weeks of meetings.


Today, almost 10 years later, SMCI has grown! With 70 on staff we are now on six Islands and hold daily bible studies on over 70 university and college campuses. Our work on the Island of Negros is by far our most mature. In the last few years we have placed bible studies on nearly every university and college campus in Negros oriental. We have planted three churches with many outreaches, pastored by our own converts.


Our campaign this year on Negros is by far our most aggressive. The Lord opened a wonderful door into the high schools this year. In fact, in the next two weeks we will preach the gospel to the student bodies of every high school in Negros Oriental. Looking at the list there are over 50 high schools that have agreed to our campaign. In addition there are a dozen new university and college campuses as well. This is a daunting task. Please pray for our team to have the strength to preach a clear gospel.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! Ptr Mike it is the will of our God the Father, for He is not willing that any should perish but all should come to repentance. It is the work of the Blessed Holy Spirit in us through us and around us. And the answers of our prayer that the Lord of the harvest will send forth laborers into His harvest. Will be praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus said is indeed true that His yoke is easy and His burden is light...
    God put in my heart Mark 16;15...I vividly recall the day when I was sitting down on a bench inside the campus of NORSU and a lot of students are passing by me, but I don't see students instead i saw a lot of ears...ears...ears! And I asked God in my heart how to preach the Gospel that all these ears can hear? God says in my heart to go room to room evangelism even just 20 to 30 minutes, How Lord? I asked...then God says ask for permission. So with that still small voice in my heart I went to the student affairs director and talked about it.He advised me to write to the campus president-Dr. Henry Sojor.I did write to him and he approved with his signature and a note saying "give proper action according to the request".For me heaven came down and I immediately called Pastor Mike to come and help with the work of doing room to room evangelism.At first he refused but I was confident that God will materialize it.I went to Singapore to attend the revival camp with the approved letter in hand and showed it to Pastor Mike, he just look at it and seemed uninterested but on that morning devotion an elder from the church gave a meditation with the message "arise and go". God convicted Pastor Mike's heart and he finally asked me concerning the letter and said "Joy, I will go to the Philippines and preach the Gospel." Then... the 20 to 30 minutes room to room evangelism began and the rest is history! To God be the glory!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your encouraging comment or question!