Sunday, 19 August 2007

Call Back!

I need encouragement! It thrills my soul when I read that those I admire had struggles, found and sacrificed victory, and were humble enough to say so! I am pulled forward by those who have called back--the Lord Jesus being the primary example!

Rosalind Goforth said it all for me in the forward of her book, Climbing: Memories of a Missionary's Wife. I share it here with you...
Call Back!

If you have
gone a little way ahead of me,
call back--
'Twill cheer my heart and help
my feet along the
stony track;
And if, perchance, Faith's light is dim,
because the oi is low,
Your call will guide my lagging
course as wearily
I go.

Call back, and tell me that
He went with you
into the storm;
Call back, and say He kept you
when the forest's
roots were torn;
that when the heavens thundered
and the earthquake shook the hill,
He bore you up and held you
where the very air
was still.

O friend, call back and tell me,
for I cannot see your face;
They say it glows with triumph,
and your feet bound in the race;
But there are mists between us,
and my spirit eyes are dim,
And I cannot see the glory,
though I long for
word of Him.

But if you'll say He heard you
when your prayer
was but a cry,
And if you'll say He saw you
through the night's
sin-darkened
sky--
If you have gone a little way ahead,
O friend, call back-
'Twill cheer my heart
and help my feet
along the stony track.

-Selected

I think if there is no time to call back, I am too busy. I have been too "busy."

Ephesians 4:13-15

"That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your encouraging comment or question!